TECHNOLOGY MISSION PROJECT ON HYDROGEN PRODUCTION THROUGH BIOLOGICAL ROUTES
SPONSORED BY: MINISTRY OF NEW AND RENEWABLE ENERGY (MNRE), New Delhi.
EXPECTED OUTPUT OF THE PROJECT
- Optimization of physico-chemical parameters for the high rate bio-hydrogen production process.
- Development of proto-type model for the scale up studies and demonstration of the process.
- 10 cubic meter pilot plant demonstration at three different locations in India i.e. at Kharagpur, New Delhi and Hyderabad with hydrogen generation capacity of 30,000 to 50,000 liters per day
- Material and energy analysis of the process.
- Design of 1000 cubic meter bio-reactor for the commercial application of the process.
- Patents for product/process333
PROJECT REVIEW MEETING HELD:
- Inception meeting held on January 11, 2010 at IIT Kharagpur.
- 2nd review meeting held during September 3-4, 2010 at JNTU & IICT, Hyderabad.
- 3rd review meeting held during February 18-19, 2011 at TERI, New Delhi
- 4th meeting held during October 29-30, 2011at IIT Kharagpur.
- 5th meeting held during February 9-10, 2012 at TERI, New Delhi
- 6th Meeting held during 7-8 Sept., 2012 at Allahabad University
- 7th Meeting held during 14-15 December, 2012 at JNTUH
- 8th meeting held during 12th July, 2013 at IIT Kharagpur
ACHIEVEMENTS MADE SO FAR
- Progress Report upto Jan 31st, 2012 (Initial part).
- Progress Report upto Jan 31st, 2012 (Technical part)
- Work presented by IIT Kharagpur in 5th Meeting
- Work presented by IICT Hyderabad in 5th Meeting
- Work presented by TERI New Delhi in 5th meeting
- Work presented by JNTU Hyderabad in 5th meeting
- Work presented by BHU Varanasi in 5th Meeting
- Work presented by Allahabad University in 5th meeting
INDO-DENMARK COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH PROJECT ON HIGH RATE ALGAL BIOMASS PRODUCTION FOR FOOD, FEED, BIOCHEMICALS AND BIOFUELS
SPONSORED BY:DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY (DBT), NEW DELHI.